25 March 2011

The sacred and the ordinary

I am no spiritual giant.

Which is why I take great comfort in knowing that though I plan the course of my life, the LORD determines my steps (Proverbs 16:9). This blog is intended to be a story, a story of my very ordinary life and how (I hope) it interacts with God's sacred plan. At least, as far as I can tell from here.

The title "Fields and Fine Linen" pulls two images from Proverbs 31, an allegory in which wisdom is portrayed as a noble wife. I want wisdom. I believe that we see the sacred blessing the ordinary when we see wisdom. Yes, sometimes God breaks into our world in extraordinary and miraculous ways, but most ordinarily God guides his children through wisdom.

So this is my story, my ordinary life punctuated by whispers and prayers for great wisdom, for steadfast convictions and for that blessed, blessed assurance that my life is held by the sacred and will be used for the blessing of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment